Road sign deer crossing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archeng1

Reaction score
Do you ever wonder who puts the RED dot on the nose of the deer on all those deer crossing signs?

Do you ever wonder who puts the RED dot on the nose of the deer on all those deer crossing signs?
The highway department. Those guys get bored easily and they already have access to the signs before they're installed...

So your theory is the RED dot is there before the sign is even installed on the roadside?

interesting...

they are long legged lawn mowers.

I like the red dots on the noses, but some clown around here draws some huge genetalia on them.

its just a mystery of life to me, wherever i go i see those red dots but never see anyone pulling there car over and sticking one on - they just appear in whatever state i am driving in...odd

i did see an officer on the highway the other day dragging a freshly road-killed deer off the highway, basically dragging this bloody mess by its hoof to the side of the road....its was an ugly site

I find it quite funny when they paint a penis on the deer too. Since it is a buck on the sign they are just adding an important feature.

I find it quite funny when they paint a penis on the deer too. Since it is a buck on the sign they are just adding an important feature.
haha never noticed any large balled deer signs, now i have something new to look for in the travels

maybe its a state specific thing?? where does this occur? which state(s)?

I'm in Kentucky. My son likes the deer signs with the red nose because he thinks it means Santa crossing.

The Deers put them there. Its Deer graffiti. Have you seen the movie "Are we there yet" with Ice Cube ??? The deers are telling people they will fight you. If you dont slow down they will punch you in the nose !!

Back