Walmart Site to Store

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pike482

Reaction score
I want to warn all of you out there to NEVER EVER under any circumstances use Walmart's Site to Store shipping option. The deal with my husband was if I passed the PE, we could get a PS3. So, once getting my letter, we went shopping online to find the best deal.

Fundamentally, I'm against Walmart. But it's not like buying a PS3 from Best Buy is supporting a local retailer. I decided to go with the site to store option since it was free and in the back of my mind I was think, well, they have all this stuff on the shelf. Maybe they will just go out there, pick it up off of them put it in a box and give it to me.

WRONG.

It only took 5 days or so for it to ship from a distribution warehouse to the store...but it was all messed up at the store.

The pick up is in the back of the store, no one actually works at the desk, so it takes about 10 minutes to get someone to help you. Then, they have no clue for what to do. I received an email that the store received it. I guess all the boxes are just dumped into this back room. I don't think they even knew what to look for on the shipping label. The customer service lady was nice enough to take my phone number and said she would call when they found the box. (As I thought to myself, yeah, right...you are going to stop looking as soon as I walk away.) I went back a couple of hours later, and amazingly the same lady was still there and she remember who I was, but she said the truck still hadn't been unloaded and they still couldn't find the box. (The delivery email I received came that morning and it's now 10 pm.)

I'm not sure if I'll ever get it at this rate...

Sorry all for the rant, but just want to warn you that free shipping in this case is not worth it.

:angry:

PS. I'm going back tonight and not leaving until they find it. They have camping gear and bedding. It's a superwalmart, so I wont starve to death. They even sell liquor. Beer floats for everyone.

Why didn't you just find a B&M shop with it in stock, or, failing that, Amazon?

I won't shop at walmart, not b/c I have anything against their business model, but b/c I can't stand their customer service (or lack thereof). Their check out lines are slow, their customer service counter is a joke and unless you are buying some name brand product (i.e. a PS3 which is the same at every store) their products are total junk. I'm surprised you couldn't have found a better deal on something like that on Amazon and it sounds like you would have gotten it sooner.

I'm sorry that you've had such a lousy experience but thanks for the heads up. It's good to know that the site to store doesn't mean you can just go pick it up after you order it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's too bad. My wife and I have done it a few times, for a trampoline, video games, stuff for the kids, and we never had a problem, other than the waiting.

I just did an online Walmart.com order delivered to my house free shipping. It went well. I saw the site to store option, but decided on having it shipped to the house for free shipping to keep me from having to go to the store to pickup.

Glad I did that option.

PS. I'm going back tonight and not leaving until they find it. They have camping gear and bedding. It's a superwalmart, so I wont starve to death. They even sell liquor. Beer floats for everyone.
Pike... I like the way you think!

we used the site to store shipping for a resin chaise lounger. When it arrived at local store, the idiots unpacked it and put it on display. A week after the store had received it, they called to let us know it was in, but had been assembled (no big deal, right?). When wife picked it up, they had to retrieve it from the floor display - lucky it hadn't been sold out from under us at that point cuz apparently it was a real popular item.

we ordered minisnicks crib and dresser via site to store because it was free. we had no troubles. Took way less time than the confirmation letter said too.

guess it depends on the store.

Wow, that sucks, pike. Congrats on passing the PE, though.

I've done mail-order through Walmart.com and it's not the msot reliable. Friends had recommended it because it had worked well for them, with ship times to the island of about 2 weeks. So I gave it a shot and ordered a calculator through them - an HP-35s (this was right after the PE exam for me, and I was al gung-ho about calculators). It took 2 months to get to me. I haven't ordered from them since.

I had actually tried to order a book they said they had in stock... it took 6 weeks for them to then tell me that they didn't have it in stock at all... waste of my life...

Good to know. I was about to get a row away bed and was debating between getting the ship to store or going with Amazon.

I got a snow blower from WalMart in this manner and it went very smoothly. It's at the back of the store here too - by the shoes. So my wife browsed shoes for 10-12 minutes while I waited and everybody was happy.

once on the side of the road in Kentucky I was on my way back from Fort Leonardwood around 3 in the AM, driving straight through to Atlanta, I stopped to get some gas, truck wouldnt start, had a few people try and jump-start the battery, in a last minute plight of hope before I contemplated sleeoping in my truck I saw the bright lights of a Wal mart on the other side of ther interchange, I thought to myself, maybe the battery was just really really dead, I am not sleeping so I might as well walk over and give it a try, so I walk over to the wal mart and buy a new battery, lug the thing back (i think I now know why you sometimes see shopping carts on the side of the road) and viola the truck started...

so I do think wal-mart sucks but sometimes they can help you out when no one else is open.. ;)

so I do think wal-mart sucks but sometimes they can help you out when no one else is open.. ;)
Especially if your baby's diaper is clean and dry. Just go to your nearest wal-mart parking lot to pick up a variety of soiled diapers. Your baby can be miserable in no time.

Yeah, who else is going to sell you a shotgun AND another case of beer at 1am?

Because some things can't wait until sunrise...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back